Earth Exploitation Environmental Studies Laboratory,
Call for Applicants: one professor
- Application deadline：November 24, 2023
Number of positions and job title
We are seeking one professor
Department of Environmental Studies for Advanced Society,
Division of Resources Strategies, Earth Exploitation Environmental Studies Laboratory
Successful candidates will be engaged in education and research for graduate students in Graduate School of Environmental Studies and undergraduate students in Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, School of Engineering
Required Qualifications and Conditions
Candidates shall be responsible for the research and education about the development of machines and the construction of systems that contribute to development of environmentally friendly society. Candidates are requested to have research experiences in mechanical engineering or information engineering that contributes to solving problems related to the environment and energy, and have high insight and excellent leadership. Candidates must possess a doctoral degree and have a strong motivation to create new research fields and to participate in the education for graduate students in Graduate School of Environmental Studies and undergraduate students in Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, School of Engineering.
At Graduate School level
- Seminar on Environmental Studies for Advanced Society
- Master Course Seminar on Environmental Studies for Advanced Society
- Advanced Seminar on Environmental Studies for Advanced Society
- Doctor Course Seminar on Environmental Studies for Advanced Society
- Earth Exploitation Environmental Studies
- Advanced Energy and Resource Sciences
- Fluid Mechanics
- Linear algebra
- Part of General Education classes taught by Graduate School members
November 24, 2023
April 1, 2024
- Curriculum Vitae (with photograph attached)
- Summary of research activities to date (about 3 pages on A4 paper) and Up to 10 major research papers
- List of research achievements (research papers, conference proceedings, reviews, books, patents)
- List of research funding/grants
- List of awards and honors
- List of educational activities and social activities
- Future research plan (about 2 pages on A4 paper)
- Aspirations for educational activities (about 2 pages on A4 paper)
- Reference (two persons): name, institution, position, telephone number, and email address
Address to which applications should be sent
Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku University, 468-1,
Aramaki-aza-Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi, 980-8572, Japan
Salary and Benefits
In accordance with Tohoku University’s employment regulations.
Professor Masanobu KAMITAKAHARA
- Tohoku University promotes activities to increase Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and encourages people of varied talents from all backgrounds to apply for positions at the university.
Tohoku University’s website about the DEI Declaration is here: https://dei.tohoku.ac.jp/vision/about/
- Pursuant to Article 8 of the Act on Securing, Etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Tohoku University shall, as a measure for increasing the presence of women among the academic staff, prioritize the hiring of women deemed qualified for each job opening, based on impartial evaluation.
- Tohoku University has the largest on-campus childcare system of all Japanese national universities. This network comprises three nurseries: Kawauchi Keyaki Nursery school (capacity: 22) and Aobayama Midori Nursery school (116), both open to all university employees, as well as Hoshinoko Nursery school (120), which is open to employees working on Seiryo Campus. In addition, Tohoku University Hospital runs a childcare room for mildly ill and convalescent children which is available to all university employees.
- See the following website for information on these and other programs that Tohoku University runs to assist work-life balance, to support researchers, and to advance gender equality, including measures to promote childcare leave among male employees.
Tohoku University Center for Gender Equality Promotion website:
Human Resources and Planning Department website:
東北大学大学院 環境科学研究科 先進社会環境学専攻
資源戦略学講座 地球開発環境学分野 教授 公募 1名